THE FIRST ITALIAN HYBRID METAL MANUFACTURING MACHINE THAT COMBINES MILLING AND 3D PRINTING ON 5-AXES CONTINUOS.
HMM 500 Hybrid is the first Italian working centre that combines the advantages of both additive metal manufacturing and high-speed continuous 5-axis machining. The Hybrid Metal Manufacturing of HMM 500 Hybrid is the perfect combination of both productive methods designed to bring out the best of both technologies.
HMM 500 Hybrid’s flexibility allows to fabricate metallic components with complex geometry without supports, through additive manufacturing, using a wide variety of materials and with great finishing and precision qualities, in a short time and few costs.
The powerful integrated programming software allows to easily generate, in a semi-automatic way, the 5-axes depositing/milling program.
The 5-axes depositing/milling technology integrated in this machine, allows to realize components without any support during the deposition of the material, minimizing the programming costs on the machine.
In addition, the high performance of HMM 500 Hybrid allows it to work in High Speed Machining with a spindle of 30.000 rmp (optional spindle up to 60.000 rpm) and to reach acceleration >2 g and speed >60m/min.
Main Features of HMM 500 Hybrid:
- Flexibility to the ntn power: a unique simultaneous 5-axis solution to deposit and mill metallic materials.
- Excellent saving: the exclusive depositing/milling 5-axis technology allows it to quickly realize metallic components, in addition eliminating the waste of time and materials generated by the support’s deposition and removal.
- Programming cost reduction: thanks to the integrated programming software that, in a semi-automatic way, generates the programs for the component’s creation.
- High performance and speed: it can reach accelerations >2g and speed from 60m/min. The default electro-spindle speed is 30.000 rpm.
- Structure with highly damping frame with high accuracy: in order to work with continuous 5-axes.
Do you want more information about HMM 500 Hybrid?
Fill out the form and we will reply as soon as possible!
|Working Area||Axis X||500 mm|
|Axis Y||500 mm|
|Axis Z||450 mm|
|Orientation field||Axis A / C||+120° -120° / Unlimited|
|Activation||Spindle speed||30.000 spindle / min|
|Spindle power||18 kW|
|Roto-tintlin table||Table dimension||Diameter 500 mm|
|Type of table||Circular with T- cable|
|Maximum weight||150 Kg|
|Table rotation speed||200 rpm|
|Tool||Spindle cone||HSK E40|
|Change tools||Up to 18 Positions|
|HMM 500 Hybrid’s Dimensions||Height||3000 mm|
|Widht X Depth||3500 x 2500 mm|
|Linear axis||Up to 60 m/min @ 2 g|
|Shavings disposal and coolant||Refrigeration devices||Coolant with 4 nozzles system
Internal coolant high pressure
HMM 500 Hybrid’s Applications
- Hmm 500 Hybrid is fast: it can deposit large amounts of metallic materials.
- Hmm 500 Hybrid is multi-materials: thanks to a deposit technology suitable for a large variety of materials, such as inox steel, titanium etc., it is also possible to quickly switch from one material to another.
- Hmm 500 Hybrid is accurate: it mills the deposit materials and allows to create a finished component.
- Hmm 500 Hybrid is cost-effective: this is the best part. The quantity of shavings generated by the processing of the components – using HMM 500 Hybrid with Hybrid Metal Manufacturing technology – compared to the quantity of material removed using only traditional CNC milling technology, is dramatically reduced, with material savings up to 95%.
- Hmm 500 Hybrid is easy to use: the programming time for the creation of the components, is dramatically reduced thanks to the powerful programming module, that allows to obtain the finished piece from an imported CAD model.
- Steel, titanium, Aluminium, some super-alloys etc (if you are interested in further information contact us)
- Creation of components in a wide range of metallic materials, that also have shapes hard to obtain in a short time for the traditional technology.
- Fixing and following reworking of metallic materials
- Realization of support tools with complex shapes in reduced time.
Component Surface propeller
Material Inox steel
Diameter 440 mm
Finished weight 4 Kg
Technologies in comparison – 5 Axes Hybrid
– 3-axes Additive
– Manufacturing, traditional milling from solid
Learn more about the Hybrid Manufacturing Advantages and the comparison between technologies by watching the video!
Control for HMM 500 Hybrid
The control is optimized in order to guarantee the best performance during high-speed processing. With a few command elements allow the simple usage of the numerical control based on PC. The User panel can be used after a short training period.
The machine is also designed to be equipped with the optional controls such as SIEMENS or HEIDENHAIN or DELECTRON.
Simplicity is the key
- Easy and interactive CNC programming
- Possibility to quickly modify CNC programs
- Wide 5-axes functions
- Simulations and visualization of complex program parts
- Direct spline elaboration of CAD data
- Efficient tool management